A deep interest in interior space layout and defined exterior spaces was later complimented by a reverence for craftsmanship. Communicating what I visualized became a passion.
- 2 yrs cabinetmaker’s apprentice.
- 2 yrs architect’s subcontractor.
- 2 yrs production manager for musical instrument manufacturer.
- 1 yr finish carpenter’s apprentice and lead cabinetmaker.
- 3 yrs design/build cabinetmaker and general contractor.
- 2 yrs production commercial including several Starbucks stores.
- 1 yr production Prince Bandar’s Aspen, CO residence.
- 2 yrs government contract work including Ohio University, University of Colorado and City of Boulder.
- 3 yrs studies in art, architecture, and urban planning at the University of Colorado.
- 3 yrs teaching model making and furniture design building techniques at the University of Colorado.
- 2 yrs as design engineer for Phyllis Morris Originals, the iconic Hollywood luxury furniture maker.
- 2 yrs freelance design work including space planning, design review documents, construction drawings, and product prototyping.
- Self taught mechanical drawing including isometric and perspective renderings.
- Self taught vector based computer software for illustration and 3d modeling including FreeHand, Illustrator, MiniCad, FormZ, Graphite and Sketchup.
- Self taught in raster based and hybrid software for presentation and desktop publishing including Photoshop, xRes, InDesign and Quark.
- Self taught web designer and coder both front and back end.
Over 30 years of experience working through design challenges.